Your final resting place. I love you Anna

Dear Anna

Your gravestone was installed today. It is the first one in the row...and emptiness follows it. But, a peaceful empty. And a small tree nearby keeps a shadow on you. It is beautiful Anna. I couldn't think of a better way to honor you.

I just don't know how I feel though. I was nervous all day. In fact,...this was one of those most difficult days of my life. Knowing the stone was going up. Knowing people were all around you and your final resting place. Knowing this is something final...

I few months ago I was in Labor and Delivery. Awaiting you and longing to meet you. Instead, today,...I stood today in front of your grave. With you name etched in granite. Your full name. And one single date. Because you were born and died in one single day. I still don't really understand how that is possible. I just don't know why you're not here. Part of me is happy that you finally have a gravestone. But most of me is angry. Angry at the world for letting this happen. Angry that I'm supposed to put on a happy face every day...but it never ends. And it never will. I miss you. I couldn't stop thinking of you today.

My baby has a gravestone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment