A special poem in memory of Anna Lisa

Dear Anna

Today in the mail I received the most beautiful poem. It is from the mother of your friend Christina who is resting in peace just a few feet away from you. Christina was 27 years old, and her mom takes very good care of me by remembering you during very important times.
Here is the poem.

In Memory of Anna Lisa Bartnik

You could only hold her and cry
And ask the Lord to tell you why.
You felt her movement inside your womb
Then sadly that became her little tomb.
Her face so sweet and full of peace,
Her dear heart from beating did cease.
Her life, alas, was all too brief
Which left a family full of grief.
But, thank the Lord, that's not the end
With joy someday you'll meet again.
As David said when he lost his baby
"I'll go to be with him" (and I don't mean maybe!)
Our life on earth passes all too quickly.
Some people are well, and some are sickly,
But to the end we all must come,
And face God Almighty Father and Son.
Into His eyes we'll someday look
And remember His promises in His Book.
If His Word you did believe
And Jesus Christ you did receive,
The gate to Heaven will open wide
And Jesus will welcome you to step inside.
You'll thank Him for the love He gave you
And for dying on the cross in order to save you.
And then I'm sure you'll look around
And see the Anna you lost has now been found!
There are no tears in Heaven for sure
You'll have great joy when you can hold her!

1 comments:

Susan said...

What a beautiful poem!! I came over to your blog from the link in your DS profile, and I just wanted to express my condolences for your loss. My heart goes out to every women on these boards. Please feel free to drop a line on DS or on my blog if you ever need to chat or vent... Wishing you many hugs and the best that 2010 has to offer you....

Post a Comment